Monday, January 7, 2008

Revelations

This year, instead of New Year resolutions (which confess retrogression, but I'm perfect, come on), I will end each day with a revelation (in the hopes of ballooning my ego to a gargantuan, untameable, feral beast; like a man... bear... pig... hybrid).

I was inspired to write something down after reading old blog entries. I noticed my constant revelation was that I am fudged up. I am never quite where I want to be. I guess that's the journey? I don't know. I feel like I have grown up a lot this past year, but reflection absolves nothing and usually breeds arrogance.

Once it seemed like there might be an oasis somewhere down the road to hang out for a while, to stretch out on a hammock and wait out those prophesied good things that would march in their own time towards my palm alcove, but maybe that's what I've come away with the year in tow; there is no end in sight. There is no rest. One day, click, someone turns you off.

So just do what you want to with your life. External judgment is like quicksand. The more you struggle to please, the further you sink.

The glass is half empty and half full.


Revelation of the Day:

Peanut Butter will save my life one day.

No comments: