Thursday, February 7, 2008

Case of the Mondays: Part Friday

what do you do as a writer when you realize there is a single, obvious motif in all of your writing that you never originally planned?

mine = identity crisis

yours? = ... please tell me so i don't feel so alone?


I don't know who I am!


So today (Thursday) my first real article appeared in the Technician. They cut 2/3 of it and labeled it as part one of two.

Now I understand that whole "cut-throat" nature of journalism I learned from watching His Girl Friday. I don't know, I honestly have no aspirations for journalism, but I worked hard on that thing and I feel the context is lost when split into pieces. Dammit, I say I don't care, but it has taken the wind out of my sails; for now.

Maybe that should be my new motif; Failure. If not, at least that's a concrete identity: The Constant Failure. Good Emo band name.

Oh well, it's out of my control. Water under the bridge.


R.O.D. - Talk less, read more. The wise do not advertise.

That is arrogant.

No comments: