Tuesday, September 9, 2008

banter

I've decided I'm going to write a million songs in my last semester before i have to graduate and "get a job" as all those "responsible" people like to put it. I just pray it won't all be crap.

Any ideas for a job with a creative writing degree with no experience? "Welcome to LIlly's! Would you like vegan pizza sauce?"


check the myspace for a new song. if it's not up today it'll probably be up by tomorrow. i've been having some trouble. i get hits but i'm beginning to wonder if it's just me checking it every two seconds. it probably is.

http://www.myspace.com/dmxiong

hey somebody has to bolster my ego, even if it's myself.

I have deleted the songs that were on there because I talked and cleared my throat at the beginning of each recording and not only was that annoying, but I was also informed that clearing your throat is not a professional thing to do. It damages your vocal chords. Good thing to know.

But I like the new song. It's different from what I usually write. Which scares me, because I feel like eventually I'll run out of new things to try and do and talk about. It's called "The Bohemian Mama Blues."

Clay and I were talking about a nameless friend of ours who spent her whole summer roaming the beaches of Wilmington purely inspired by her affinity to the coast. Even when she had no shelter she bummed her way around just so she could stay at the beach. I can't remember if I said it or Clay did, but the line that became the title and inspiration for the song was about those on the road blues, bohemian blues, gypsy blues, where you feel like you just have to keep moving to feel alive. We all talk about it but nobody has got the cajones to do it anymore for practicality sake because we all gots to pay the bills. Anyway, the song became something completely different. Maybe a little too political? Eh, I just have a soft spot for the contemporary hippie who tries so hard because I know I could never have that kind of dedication. I want to eat at McDonald's and buy the cheapest pack of Wal-mart brand cola there is and mix it with Aristocrat Rum. And I'm okay with the war as long as gas is cheap, but now, I'm kind of peeved.

You think "hippie," is short for "hypocrite?" Makes sense... doesn't it? Well, then I fit the bill.

But "Them Golden Gate Freedom Blues," which will posted at some point in the near future, is another new song where the misplaced original motivation of "The Bohemian Mama Blues," may have manifested itself. It is also inspired by my courageous, rambling, good friend, Mr. Graham Misenheimer, who has weathered the worst earthquake in the history of the universe, spike lee's joint in brooklyn, strangers couches all across America, and now battles in San Francisco by his own golden gates.

now fucking update your shit muthafucka! NO EXCUSES!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love.